Your privacy is paramount to Havering Carers' Hub and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We will treat any personal information by which you can be identified (i.e. name, address, email etc.) in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
The collection of information is for the purpose of communicating with you in regards to Havering Carers' Hub Carers Services. We will not sell, trade or rent your information to other third parties. We will not collect any personal information without your knowledge. This information will be collected for a known purpose that you understand and will not be used in future for any other reason other than the one it is being collected for in the first instance.
We process personal data in relation to our clients who are young carers, adult carers and their cared for person who we work with which includes Name, Address, date of birth, gender, religion, faith, caring role, GP. Due to the nature of our work we may also assist in applications for funding and DWP benefits where we share information this is always carried out to assist the client and with their consent.
We use the above data to carry out specific functions. To derive statistics which are required from funders e.g. Local Authority, CCGs, and Trusts.
Why we collect data
We collect data to underpin the funding we receive, data produces statistics which details our performance, informs trends, outputs and outcomes (Personal information is not shared).
We are able to contact you with information, support and informal advocacy; we also can send you our twice yearly newsletter, and regular telephone support should you request this.
If you would like to see a copy of the data we hold you can request a meeting with a manager in order to access the information we hold about you and your cared for.
Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub ("us", "we", or "our") operates http://www.haveringcarershub.org.uk/ (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
This Privacy Notice is a public document available to anyone and applied to service users, volunteers and staff of Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub to explain how the organisation collects and processes personal information in order to conduct normal business activities as a UK Registered Charity. Normal activities can include the following:
Specialised Peer Group
Access to Welfare benefits
Your privacy is paramount to Carers of Barking & Dagenham/Havering Carers’ Hub and we are committed to protecting your privacy. We will treat any personal information by which you can be identified (i.e. name, address, email etc.) in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
The collection of information is for the purpose of communicating with you in regards Carers of Barking and Dagenham/ Havering Carers' Hub. We will not sell, trade or rent your information to other third parties. We will not collect any personal information without your knowledge. This information will be collected for a known purpose that you understand and will not be used in future for any other reason other than the one it is being collected for in the first instance.
This privacy notice also tells you what to expect when Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website
- People who use our services
- Staff & Volunteers
How we collect your information
Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub collects information from you via a variety of sources, including when you register to use one of our services, complete one of our forms, when you call, write, e-mail or meet with us or respond to a survey. We may collect information when you use our social media sites and website.
From time to time we may operate sound recording and use photography to record interviews and capture images at events for general publicity purposes. Photographs of individuals will only be used for those purposes with their consent.
We may receive information about you from third parties including:
- References/ signposting
- Other support agencies / charities assisting you
- Other representatives acting on your behalf / instruction
- Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- Medical or Mental Health information
- Local Authorities
- Social Services / Multi-Agencies
What information we collect about you
The information we require from service users, staff members, volunteers or job applicant includes:
- Full name (and proof of your identity / photo id)
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number (this is for staff applying for our vacancies)
- Contact details (phone, e-mail, and correspondence address)
- Details of anyone authorised to act on your behalf if applicable
- Banking details for payment of salaries (for staff only)
- Other personal information that will vary on a case by case basis to help us to resolve your circumstances / needs.
The information we may collect from you includes:
- Your Caring role, disabilities or vulnerabilities. We use this information to tailor our service to better meet your particular circumstances and needs. We may use this information for safeguarding of our staff / volunteers / other service users.
- Financial information. We may use this to help resolve any financial difficulties you may have and to signpost you to welfare benefits and debt advice to help you manage your finances better.
- Health information when we require this to signpost to other services in order to support any health issues you may have.
- Photo id and proof of residency when we require this information for processing volunteers and candidates job application
If you do not provide the information we need then we may not be able to provide all our services to you.
All information is treated as confidential and securely kept in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits http://www.haveringcarershub.org.uk/ we use a third party service, (Google Analytics), to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Security and performance
Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of Carers of Barking & Dagenham/Havering Carers Hub’s website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to Havering Carers Hub’s website.
Carers of Barking & Dagenham/Havering Carers Hub operates a range of information and communication systems and technologies for efficient operation of its services. Personal information is stored and managed within those systems which are maintained to a high level of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability including following best practice cyber security standards.
We hold information in IT systems which may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes. All data is held within the UK.
People who contact us via social media
All social media interactions are managed in house by Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub’s Marketing Department.
People who email us
We use Egress Switch Mail Security to encrypt and protect email traffic. If your email service does not support Egress Switch Mail Security, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Links to other websites
Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services.
How we will communicate with you
Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub needs to communicate with our service users, staff and volunteers, and this will usually be in writing (including newsletter), by telephone, or by email.
We might contact you to carry out a survey to find out if you are happy with the level of service you received.
How long is the information retained for?
Personal data processed by Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Carers of Barking & Dagenham/ Havering Carers Hub will:
- review the length of time we keep your personal data;
- consider the purpose or purposes we hold the information for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
- securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
- update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Your rights, the right to complain and the ICO
- You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you and we will not make a charge for this service and we will respond within one month of receiving your request.
- You have the right to correct information that we hold. Please advise us of any changes or corrections by contacting us at the details given below
- You may withdraw your consent to use any information that was previously provided with your consent. Please advise us if you wish to withdraw any consent by contacting us at the details below.
- You have the right to know what data we are collecting and for what purpose we are collecting it
- You have the right to request that data is transferred between Data Controllers
- You have the right to have your data “Forgotten” if it was collected unlawfully, it was time limited or it was collected when you were a child. The information will be deleted within one month of receiving your request.
- You have the right to “Restrict Processing” when you are not entitled to full erasure e.g. legal situations or public interest
- You have the right to “Object” when a processor claims public interest or legitimate interest
- You also have other rights which can be seen by visiting the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website.
- You have the right to complain about any matter relating to our service, including how we used your personal data
Contact our Data Protection Officer
If you wish to speak to our Data Protection Officer please contact:
334 Heathway, Dagenham, RM10 8NJ
Charity registration number: 1063485 Company registration number: 3180671 (England and Wales)
Havering Carers Hub
Community Reach House
32-34 The High Street
Romford, RM1 1HR
Tel: 01708 961111 email: email@example.com