Please read below information form the Carers Trust regarding their survey of unpaid adult carers.
This Carers Trust survey is part of a wider campaign Carers Trust will be running later in the year. The campaign will highlight:
· the UK's broken social care system
· the failure of successive governments to properly fund social care
· the severe pressure this is putting on millions of unpaid carers
· what support carers need so they can continue in their caring role without becoming isolated, exhausted and at risk financially.
This survey will give Carers Trust the information it needs for this crucial campaign. We will be able to provide clear evidence that we have heard from unpaid adult carers right across the UK. And that they have told us:
· what government support unpaid carers need to continue their caring role
· and what sort of reform of the social care system will support unpaid carers most effectively.
Carers’ responses will help inform the future support available to carers from the government. And the more carers that take the survey, the more powerful the findings will be that we present to government and use in the campaign! Taking the survey is easy and should take less than 10 minutes to complete. The survey will close at 10pm on Sunday 18 October.
We would therefore appreciate it if you could promote the survey to all adult unpaid carers that you support, and that are in your networks, so we can maximise the sample number. To make this as easy as possible, we have listed three easy ways you can share the survey below.
With thanks in advance for your support. Best wishes.
Gareth Howells, CEO Carers Trust