-A A +A

Drugs and alcohol

Drugs and alcohol

Useful information about the advice, help and treatment available in the borough for drug and alcohol users and the families and carers of drug and alcohol users.

I am worried about someone

It can be hard to know what to do if a friend or a member of your family is using drugs or drinking more alcohol than is good for them.

You can't make other people's decisions for them, but you can try to help them to see that what they are doing isn't good for them. If someone you know is using drugs, it's important to help them to get treatment so that they can stop.

There are plenty of support services in the borough that can offer help, advice, and information. Some of them also offer help for friends and relatives, as it can be very hard to cope when someone you care about is abusing drugs or alcohol.


Wize up (formerly Young Addaction)

Elm Park Childrens Centre, Havering RM12 4YH

07884 996917, 07909 097621, 07730 529052, 01708 434545


Dear Albert

Leicestershire Aids Support Services, Michael Wood Centre, 53 Regent Road, Leicester, LE1 6YF

0116 291 729807712707999


Family Mosaic

Family Mosaic, Holgate House, 6 Western Road, Romford, RM1 3JS

01708 776 770/790


Havering WDP

Ballard Chambers, 26 High Street, Romford, RM1 1HR

01708 747614 Out-of-hours (freephone): 0808 168 1116


Turning Point

Standon House, 21 Mansell Street, London, E1 8AA

020 7481 7600




0808 800 5000


Click HERE to find out more about Drugs and Alcohol support.